Wednesday 6 April 2011

Trailer in terms of 'LIAR'

Language: The language of my trailer is a key factor. I have ensured that I have got the language of my trailer right and ensured that my trailer has been received correctly by the viewer. I know that I have acheived this through my audience feedback. I have used captions to go with the moving image, this not only breaks up the shots of footage but also helps to enstill the story so the viewer knows what the story line is. The purpose of the trailer is introduce the film to the audience without giving away the film, I have done this by using montages of clips of the main character, this leaves the viewer with an idea of what the film may be about but entices them to still want to come and see the film.

Institution: The prodcution and distribution company of my trailer is Working Title Films. Some other examples of film production companies are, Fox Entertainment, Time Warner and Walt Disney Motion Pictures.

Audience: My horror film trailer is aimed both at male and females. The certification of my film also means that it is age specific to spectators over the age of 15 in the UK. Their is an age restriction on my film as the film may include themes which are not suitable for younger viewers, this is often the case with horror films. This therefore means that my target audience is male and female teenagers and young adults. Genre played a massive role in determing the classification and target audience of my film.

Representation: The themes raised in my trailer represent the genre of horror. The characters, music and text used in the trailer all convey the genre of horror and represent it well. The trailer portrays stereotypical characters such as victims in horror movies with the introduction of 'Susannah Bennet'. I used stereotypical lighting and location; woods and dark eerie lighting to help convey horror, this therefore means that the audience will immediately know that the film is of the horror genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment